Thursday, November 5, 2009

...URP! (eeew!!)

So, in the middle of the night last night, I woke up, uncertain at first what had interrupted my gentle slumber. Moments later, the sounds of my roommate vacating her gastric cavity orally (a.k.a. PUKING HER GUTS OUT) into the toilet cleared that up for me. I chanted mentally "don't think about it don't think about it don't think about it" and eventually, I was able to fall back asleep. A few hours later, I was again awakened by a familiar and haunting sound: ack-ack-ack-ack-HAAACK...my CAT puking up a hairball - - on my bed!! EEEWW! Throw blanket on floor (I know, that's gross, but I was trying to recover quickly without having to wake all the way up), get another blanket, "don't think about it don't think about it don't think about it" and eventually, I fell back to sleep. As the sun rose, basking my room in a soft pink glow, I was yet again awakend by the violent splashing of stomach contents into the toilet. So, I guess you could say I'm happy to be at work right now. I hosed down the bathroom with Lysol. I scrubbed myself clean, and have applied antibacterial hand cleanser several times this morning. I enjoyed what has become my standard breakfast: Airborne, Advil, and Vitamin C.

Oh, please don't let me get sick, I HATE being sick!!

1 comment:

Lois Lane said...

Ewww! I for one hope you don't catch whatever it is they have. Breakfast of champions! :)