Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Beautiful

we pray
from rosie o'donnells blog
www.rosie.com


with the intention to attain
the ultimate supreme goal
that surpasses even the wish granting jewel
may i constantly cherish all living beings

whenever i associate with others
may i view myself as the lowest of all
and with a perfect intention
may i cherish others as supreme

examining my mental continuum
throughout all my actions
as soon as a delusion develops
whereby i or others would act inappropriately
may i firmly face it and avert it

whenever i see unfortunate beings
oppressed by evil and violent suffering
may i cherish them as if i had found
a rare and precious treasure

even if someone i have helped
and of whom i had great hopes
nevertheless harms me without any reason
may i see him as my holy spiritual guide

when others out of jealousy
harm me or insult me
may i take the defeat upon myself
and offer them the victory

in short - may i directly and indirectly
offer help and happiness to all my mothers
and secretly take upon myself
all of their harm and suffering

furthermore, through all these method practices
together with a mind
undefiled by the stains of conceptions
of the eight extremes
and that sees all phenomena as illusory
may i be released from the bondage
of mistaken appearance and conception

-buddhist prayer-

No comments: