Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Happy Happy Joy Joy


My family has had much to celebrate recently. We've had a barrage of weddings! Three of my cousins have been married within the past two years. Ben married Emily in San Diego in April of 2006. Then Josh married Jen in September of the same year. Britta was soon to follow, with her June wedding in 2007 to Matt. Josh and Jen became the first to make Mama and Papa Reitan grandparents, with the birth of Brock Philip Reitan on August 9th, 2007. He's gorgeous! Now, our pulses barely have time to get back to normal...and it's time for my baby sister Kjersti to get married. Her big day is on September 1st, so we are 10 days out and counting! As the Old Maid of Honor, I have lots to prepare and I hope that everything goes swimmingly. Since Kjersti and Alex live in Atlanta, we'll be truly making a wedding weekend of it. We will have her Bridal Shower on Thursday night. The preparations and rehearsal dinner are on for Friday night. And the big wedding is on Saturday morning with a brunch reception. Kjersti, being of brave mind and soul (Alex being similarly minded and "souled"), has planned an outdoor ceremony and brunch. We've had lots and lots of rain recently, which will hopefully make up for the drought we experienced earlier in the summer. We may have vast rolling hills of green as a backdrop yet...just like she's dreamed of. Selfishly, I'm hoping for cool weather. All my life, I've been a "melty-facer". Anything over about 70 degrees, and I need a fan and a towel. (It made for some really fun high school dances, trust me.) We've got wedding "hair and makeup" scheduled for 7:00 am and our photo shoot precedes the ceremony. We should be able to get lots of great portraits done before the wedding at 10:30. Baby Brock will be in high demand, which may come as a nice break for 1st time parents Josh and Jen. Mom has been in overdrive since right around December (when the engagement was announced). She is doing everything in her power to make this the day Kjersti will remember forever. I just want her to be able to remember it forever without having to see me dripping with sweat. I'll try to post the developments as they unfold.

1 comment:

Linasolopoesie said...

With joy they are found to me neltuo blog, but with the same joy I have not costatato that I do not know the language, I I love the reading very but I do not know the language. scarcely only English. Sin in order indeed. I mine blog and only poetries if you want to visit it you would make me happy. I waited for to you? Thanks soon Lina